Thursday, August 16, 2007

Keep on the Sunny Side

Today at work I fetched my CDs and popped in my favorite soundtrack - O Brother Where Art Thou. Great movie, too.

The last song on the CD is "Keep on the Sunny Side". It was definitely what I needed to hear, given the events of the past week.

Here's an excerpt:


There's a dark & a troubled side of life
There's a bright, there's a sunny side, too

Tho' we meet with the darkness and strife
The sunny side we also may view

This week was rough, with an equally rough weekend preceeding it.

As though mirroring my mental state, today the weather forecasted dark clouds, and it rained all day. But then the sky cleared. Looking out the window, ever
ything looked so clean and clear.

The sun even came out - with the still-wet trees and grass, everything looked beautiful.

More excerpt:

The storm and its fury broke today,
Crushing hopes that we cherish so dear;
Clouds and storms will, in time, pass away

The sun again will shine bright and clear.

Just as the sky clears, so will my mind.

Remember that the next time the darkness seems as though it will never go away. It is temporary, and always there is a sunny side.

Once it emerges, it is even more beautiful than before.

2 comments:

Bee said...

OMG! I'm not kidding when I tell you that everyone I know makes fun of me for loving that movie and the soundtrack!

Yes! Somebody else that likes it!! :o)

Berta said...

Oh yeah, love it!!