Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Writing

It has now been almost two months since my first blog entry, when I felt a bit out of my skin and not quite sure what to write. I was even a little concerned , because I didn't want to seem full of myself in any way (these reflections inspired by this.) As I said before, I thought blogs weren't necessarily a good thing.

Boy was I wrong. I have found the perfect outlet for my creative energy, and even solace for when I am feeling lonely, frustrated, sad, or fill-in-the-blank.

It has been a slow letting-go, though. At first I was a little worried about people being able to read my blog. In fact, I didn't make the link public until I had something like 15 entries! As a friend put it "Wow, you have a lot of content for nobody knowing about this." Ok, so I'm a little shy...

This fear has kept me from writing freely and from my heart at times. I hate to admit that most of the time I wonder what people would think about the things I am writing about. What if they didn't like it? Agree with it? Or judge me in some way because of it?

Luckily I am becoming more capable of listening more to what is on the inside than on the imagined outside. Of not caring what others think about what I write. On a larger scale, it has helped me along on my mission to discover the true me, and stick to it. And write from the heart.

Getting there, at least. I still have those thoughts, and still don't feel my entries are as free as I would like them. But, as with everything, a slow progression, and the happy realization that I am less afraid.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This fear has kept me from writing freely and from my heart at times. I hate to admit that most of the time I wonder what people would think about the things I am writing about. What if they didn't like it? Agree with it? Or judge me in some way because of it?"

Yeah...me, too!!!! But, are you as sick as I am about what everyone else thinks????????? WHO REALLY CARES!! I have to tell myself this alot more now. I can't thank you enough for getting me writing more with this blog deal! I really feel that committing myself to this has been a huge blessing and answer to prayers regarding the next step in my writing journey. It has allowed me space to step out of my box.....get my writing out there and make myself refuse to listen to those judgemental and condemning voices that have squashed my ability to write and express myself freely for WAAAAY too many years. And yes...like you, I have a long ways to go with that one. But, it's getting there! BTW.....good to hear from you, as always! Your writing ability is incredible as is your photographs (did you take the pic that accompanied this blog? I like!) :)

Berta said...

Thank you for the compliments :)

And glad I can induce some thought - as your blog does for me! Besides expressing ourselves, that's the point, right?

I did not take the pictures that were with the last two blogs, but many of the pictures on this page are photos I have taken.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the pics that you didn't take? And how do you get them on your sight? Signed, Still Learning

Berta said...

Dear Still Learning,

I usually google the pictures. Just figure out what I want on there and the internet does the rest for me.

Then I usually either save them to my computer and upload, or I just copy the link and add it that way. Just go into the "add picture" function and it is pretty intuitive from there.

Signed,

Still Learning Jr.

Bee said...

Hi berta, thank you for visiting my blog! :o)

How I got more readers was by visiting other blogs and leaving messages. Usually they'll come to read yours and stay if they like what they see.
One of the blogs I like is:

http://wordimperfect.blogspot.com/

I think you'll like it because it requires allot of imagination in making up definitions for words you might never have heard of. Once there, you can visit the other bloggers that leave comments. They're all really nice.

Regarding the picture, that I have to say, was hard. It took me a couple of weeks and I just went right now and tried to figure it out and I can't... I'll keep trying and let you know if I figure it out.