Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Playtime

It is seriously time to have fun.

Last night I got home, and put on Wildcat, by Ratatat, the most fun song ever. This one song turned a switch in my brain: I played with my cats for an hour, did a little jig doing the dishes, sang in the shower, played with the cats again, and slept in my bed in the complete wrong direction. In my bright pink sushi pajamas.

This afternoon, I got off work, played some more fun tunes, let loose, and here I am. Now I'm venting. About how little I let myself play. And then I go nuts! Gotta get some fun in. Go out! Play in the dirt! Dance! Sing like a fool!

But no, gotta be professional, pay the bills, clean house, take my responsibilities seriously, be a big girl. What a drag!

My solution: for one week, after work, I am shrugging off all responsibilities and going to play. This is my agenda for the weekend:

1. Friday night - Mel Brooks marathon. Eat popcorn. Maybe sling back a few.
2. Saturday - go the the beach. Rain, shine, or thunderstorm, my ass is going to be sitting out there. And I'm going to play in the sand, sit in the surf. That evening, I'll be harassing a friend who lives in Galvy. Then...?? May the night lead me to good times.
3. Sunday - recover?? That evening, go play with the horsies.

Ahhhh. No cleaning, bill-paying, thinking about work, trying to be "good". Ah yes, nothing of that sort.

And it will be good fun!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! Love the visual! We must be thinking alike today (see the end of my latest blog about feeling pretty). That's right...we do need to stop and just have fun. Life is too serious, but we don't have to be! Let me know how your week of playtime goes!

Anonymous said...

I guess the playtime started off well! Look at your site, girl!!!! It looks goooooood.

I like the lifting story about your the mom and your cats's name. Thank you for making me feel less obsessive/complusive about what I did. I don't feel like the only one giving off the creepy oompa loompa vibe anymore! Ha ha! Hey....I didn't mean you give off that vibe (I hope you know that!) Have a good one and keep writing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your postings. Nature and horses must be a genetic thing in your family. You remind me of your aunt!!! I don't know your profession girl, but you are an awesome photographer. Your aunt has "sung your praises" and after visiting your site, I almost feel like I know you. May you be BLESSED in all your pursuits and may more of your "carefree" outlook rub off on all of us.

Joseph said...

how come i never found this one before???? it made me happier than you'd ever know...

this is the happiest blog entry in the whole world, im sure of it...

aw.