Friday, July 20, 2007

At home in Canyon Lake

At home in Canyon Lake for the weekend. This first day already has been nice. Had lunch and coffee with my dad, and spending time with my mom. She just got home from a three-week trip to Ireland, and is full of stories.

Always a good thing to touch base with the parents, and even better when there's no set schedule.

Pretty quiet here, especially compared to pavementville. Few cars, and my mom has the best wind chimes ever right outside the door. I'm not generally a windchime fan, but these are amazing; they sound as I would imagine the singing sirens.

It's very nice to regroup (escape!) here after a super-busy week. Pet the dogs, watch the rain from the comfort of slouchy leather couches and warm blankets ('cause she keeps it frigid in here). No temptation to clean the apartment or do anything else productive. Just sit.

Ahhhh.

No comments: