Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cleaning House

I just spent an hour downstairs cleaning out the garage. Very humid, creepy (crawly) and hard to do.

My object was to clean out a lot of old things. Especially those that I haven't looked at literally in years. It served as a symbolic clearing of the mind, too.
Brushing those cobwebs away, moving the old stuff out and making room for the new.

There were some things I couldn't give up. Old letters, pictures, ticket stubs, and the like. My goal was actually to get a rid of a lot of that stuff, but it was just something I couldn't do. There were some things that were too pivotal in my life to pitch the physical reminders.

Looking through all that memorabilia is always something that reminds me that I am constantly changing, and constantly improving. There were a lot of things that I liked to see and remember, but just as many things that made me feel a twinge of regret, sadness or disappointment. They always say to live with no regrets, and I try, but some memories are difficult to re-experience.

Overall, it made me grateful for this last year alone, and realize that I still have a long way to go. But I am changing, in that much I can take comfort. Not only that, but that I will be ok...

2 comments:

Bee said...

Blog hopping from another blog.

You have a beautiful writing style! I wish I had your talent. :o)

Berta said...

Why thank you for the wonderful comment!