Saturday, June 2, 2007

My First Blog



Well, this is my first blog ever. So let's see how this works and how it goes!

I always thought that blogs were just a way for pretentious people to feed their already overblown egos, but it turns out they are just regular pages where people can post about life, opinions good or bad, or share some photos.

The thought of someone being able to read all of my posts is kind of scary, but I think I'll get over it as soon as I get addicted. As always seems to happen to me (and everyone else) with each new online phenomenon I catch hold of. I've fended off myspace and facebook, so my internet addiction needs a new venue to express itself.

Trying to decide what I am going to use this page has proven a difficult task. But I think that at least for now, I'll keep it to anything and everything. More interesting that way anyway.

So welcome to my blog. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"always thought that blogs were just a way for pretentious people to feed their already overblown egos, but it turns out they are just regular pages where people can post about life, opinions good or bad, or share some photos"


I used to feel the same way!!!! I think that's why I had such a hard time starting mine. And now I know better!

Hey btw...I'm jealous! My friend Deann posted to your blog and not mine! Hmph.....no fair! haha!

Joseph said...

haaa. i think thats how everyone feels about blogs. but then... you realize that people only read it if they want to, so its okay. unlike, say, bulk-emailing, when people are forced to read whatever the hell you want them to. im glad you started a blog!

especially since i wanna read it. and now, im starting at the beginning. and glancing over it, at least at the pictures..... i've noticed a trend. its not so much... a blog of roberta.... but a blog of horses, and lots more horses, and occasionally cats and dogs, but mostly horses. plus a little bit about roberta.

and so in that spirit... i saw a reallllly big pretty black horse today in the central market here, AND a camel, which is like... a desert-horse. or something.

uh, anyway. just starting at the beginning of your blog.

P.S. hey!