Monday, June 4, 2007

Computers


Sometimes it is soooo hard to stay calm when working with computers...

I just spent the last three (yes THREE) hours trying to set up a wireless network. Snag, after snag, after snag. Complicating matters was my kitten playing with the wires, but at least she's cute and friendly...

The dang thing makes no excuses for the frustrations it arouses, and has no motivation to compromise - it only stares back at me with a defiant, infuriating glow. As though trying to taunt. Over and over. Until...I nearly pop, and call tech support trying desperately to keep my cool. Then the tech support guy asks not once, but TWICE to verify my address. Once for him to give me my username. And another to change the password. Both within the confines of a minute... Then a moment of relief, despite my irritation, when the internet is working again, and suddenly gone, when I hang up and realize I'm back at square one because the flipping router refuses to change the settings.

Arrrrrggghh!!!

I sure hope the neighbors didn't hear the commotion...

No comments: